21 January 2009

CHI-TOWN!

As of this week, I live in Chicago! It's the weirdest, most surreal feeling. In fact, it doesn't seem real. It's exciting and scary and wonderful. Right now, my roomie and I are just trying to get settled. We're still unpacking, and we have a million things left to do. I feel stressed because I still have to do all of that annoying stuff that requires tons of paperwork and long lines, like getting my car registered here and getting my driver's license. I plan on contacting the temp agency and getting to work next week, but for now we're still trying to get settled. We have yet to figure out the wireless internet, so posting will be sporadic at best for the next few days, but the plan is to be back next week.

I'm so looking forward to the future and can't wait to fill you in on all of my adventures and mishaps!

7 comments:

Bon Don said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you'll be really busy for a little while :)

*Bon Don*

nicole antoinette said...

Exciting! Congrats on getting through the move, can't wait to hear all about the upcoming adventures. Take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about chi-town!

Anna said...

I can't wait to read all about your adventures in Chicago! Have fun!p

Carolyn said...

Ugh! I had the worst time ever when I had to set up wireless internet. That stuff is NEVER easy!! good luck on your first weeks there!! I'm sure it will be great!

Susan said...

I am so excited for you - starting fresh in a new place is such an awesome experience.

Bird* said...

congrats! Chicago is amazing... i am moving back to Chi next month :)