16 November 2008

I'm Swooning Here...


Paris in the Winter by Grandy - Very busy...back soon!

I am head over heals, 100%, take my breath away in love with Paris. Sadly (VERY sadly), I've never been. But give me a Parisian scene, a travel show, book, article on Paris, a French movie (because really, I love France), a French Vogue, or anything resembling anything French and I'll swoon for sure.

Actually, I'm an equal opportunist. I'll take most of Europe. Give me Munich, and London, and Dublin and the Irish countryside, or Brussels, Prague, and Spain or of course Italy. I do love them all. (Love from afar...never been to Europe..sad..so very sad...) And of course, I love the wonderful places all over the great USA (so diverse in landscape and lifestyles!) But France, and Paris in particular, has such an old world, romantic, gritty, fashionable, livin' and lovin' life sort of feel, that I can't quite get over it.

I found this gorgeous scene (above) on Polyvore.com as I was searching other people's fun winter clothing creations and of course swooned a bit. This is kind of a "Just In Case You Were Wondering But Probably Really Don't Care" type of post. Thought I'd share with you anyway.....



What city makes you swoon?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too develop loves/interests of places I've never been...usually it's where the current book I'm reading is set. Most recently, I've been into Russia. Which is by no means Paris...

Anonymous said...

J'adore Paris! (and can't speak french). I've been once and I'm planning to go back next year. In fact I love most of the places you mentioned.
I know I'm biased because I live in Ireland, but, if you get the choice, go for Paris instead. It's a simple choice, just ask yourself, 'do I want to be chic, or do I want to be damp?' Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Cyndi, I just noticed you've been to Russia! So fab! I'd love to go there. I even learned one whole word of Russian. 'Dosvedanya'. See.

Unknown said...

Paris is amazing!! It is defiantly one of my favorite places i've ever been and I went there on my own not knowing a single word of French. The people were so nice, and it is so beautiful there!

Once you take the plunge and go to Europe you will see how easy it actually is. I'm trying to find time to go back but I need to save up first!