31 December 2008

Peace Out 2008

Oh 2008, what a year. For me, '08 was a huge roller coaster with tons of ups and downs, twists and turns.

I had a lot of fun, and made some amazing memories. My "new" Dallas friendships have grown stronger. I felt more grown-up then I've ever felt. I was punched in the face with the realization that I have a ton of debt, and it will take me ages to pay it off. I worked a job in the industry that I dreamed of working in, only to find that it might not be what I want to do. My best pal moved far away. One friend got a divorce. A few others got married. My parents got one year older, and for the first time, I'm starting to see them as anything other than invincible, and have felt multiple stabs of fear that something might happen to them. I lost about 30 lbs. And gained back about 8 in the last two months (damn holidays). I've suffered from jealousy of all of my friends who have great, well-paying jobs, boyfriends/husbands, master's degrees, and no debt. I've grown in my spirituality and yet, I haven't been able to fully commit to my walk with Christ. I've prayed, cried, and pounded my fist in frustration. I've felt fear, and excitement, even elation. I'm about to embark on a huge adventure, symbolically I think, on the very first day of January.

Here's hoping that 2009 will a better year for us all. I'm looking at it as a rebuilding year. A year for starting over and re-focusing and changing my lifestyle to be more beneficial for my future.

May God bless you and yours on the eve of this New Year. Cheers to 2009!

7 comments:

Jess said...

A new year is a great time to start an adventure, and though you may still have ups and downs in 2009, here's hoping the ups will be a lot more frequent than the downs! Don't worry -- you'll do great in Chicago. Here's to the new year!

Anna said...

I hope you have a great 2009!!

So@24 said...

Here's to you as well. 2009 will be a great year for blogging, my friend

Bon Don said...

Wow, I really enjoyed this post it was very well put! Happy New Year

*Bon Don*

Courtney Hope said...

Just found your blog and I love it! Just thought I would let you know you've found a fan in me :)

Bon Don said...

Hey Cool Kid, since we are now BBF's (Blogger Best Friends) I gave you an award over on my blog, go check it out!

*Bon Don*

*Kimmie* said...

I was at Petsmart on Park in Plano. Safe neighborhood. Just always have to be aware!

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to reading more. Happy New Year!