05 March 2009

I'm SO Over This

Ugh, I'm frustrated. No actually I'm pissed. On Monday, I applied for a job that I am perfect for. It was almost literally the same thing I was doing at the ad agency in Dallas. I have always been taught to follow up a few days later to confirm that the resume was recevieved and to make sure they didn't have any additional questions.

So today, I did just that. I called and asked to speak with the person that handled HR. I explained who I was and why I was calling. The receptionist transferred my call and a woman answered with "HELLO?" in a very aggressive tone. She did not identify herself in anyway. So I basically said "Hello, my name is ----- ------- and I'm calling to make sure the resume I submitted for the open position was received to see if there were any questions I could answer?" and she says: "No, not at all" and then silence...... Nothing. She did not ask my name for clarification purposes, did not ask me to confirm which position I was applying for, she literally had zero interest in why I was calling. So I quickly said "ok, thank you! Goodbye" and got off the phone.

And now I'm just annoyed. I was doing what you're supposed to do when you apply for jobs. You're supposed to call and follow up because otherwise your resume gets lost amonngst the thousands that are submitted. And that lady was flat out rude and uninterested. Uh, lady, why are you working in HR if you don't want to talk to job applicants? And if you don't want phone calls concerning open positions, then put that on the job posting!!!

What makes it worse, is that I feel like I am SO PERFECT for that job!

ARGH! This process is getting SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!! I just want a job already! (perferably one that I don't hate, but at this point I'd almost take whatever I can get....)

4 comments:

Mich said...

have you tried a staffing agency? i was pretty leary about using one to find a job but they are so helpful AND the companies that use them to find employees arent posting their jobs on websites where thousands of people apply so your chances are alot better. AND they (the agency) talks you up before you even go to the interviews.

and to top it all off you dont have to pay for anything. the company hiring you does.

i would really try with one if i were you. when i was looking for a job in January, i had 3 different interviews and a then job secrued with in one week.

ashley said...

awww i'm sorry! job hunting gets frustrating! i know that feeling when you think you would be perfect for a position if someone would just notice!

on the staffing agency deal, i got my current job when I applied to staffing agency posting (they were helping the company i work for.) it was kinda nice to have someone who was calling and checking on me and kinda giving me updates on the status of the postioN!

Carolyn said...

I know it can be frustrating but hang in there! I'm sure you will get a job soon!!

Bayjb said...

Ouch that is frustrating, especially when they're the aggressive ones. She should have closed the conversation. I would look into temping or a staffing agency, that could definitely help in the short term.